Whether you're coming for the monthly blast that is the Gallery Hop, for a day of shopping or just for cocktails and dinner, we'll help you navigate the parking scene like a pro.
Short North Arts District
There are places to park around the Short North along High Street, including side streets, from Nationwide Blvd to 11th Avenue (Columbus, Ohio 43215 and 43201).
Gallery Hop is focused predominantly on High Street from Goodale to 5th Ave.
- Goodale Street + High Street, Buttles Avenue + High Street, 1st Avenue + High Street, 5th Avenue + High Street
- From I-71 heading south: Take the I-670 west exit toward the airport. After merging onto I-670, move to the left lane and take the US- 23 exit (Exit 4B) toward High St/Third St. Keep left at the fork in the ramp. Turn right onto Convention Center Dr. Turn left onto Goodale St. Proceed to N. High St. You've arrived.
- From I-71 heading north: 71 curves to the east and merges with I-70. Take exit US-23 (exit 100A). Continue straight ahead to go onto Fulton St. Fulton becomes W. Livingston Ave. Turn left onto S. High St. Follow High through downtown to Goodale.
- From I-70 heading west: Take the US-23/Fourth St exit (Exit 100B). Turn slight left onto E. Fulton St. Turn right onto S. High St. Follow High through downtown to Goodale St.
- From I-70 heading east: Take the I-670 east exit toward the airport. Take US-23 exit (exit 4) toward Fourth St/Third St/High St. Take the US-32 N exit toward Fourth St. Turn right onto E. Goodale Blvd. Proceed to N. High St.
- The Columbus Crossroads project, one of the largest highway projects in Ohio, is kicking off this September with reconstruction of the I-71/670 interchange. This first phase of I-70/71 construction will be completed in 2014. ODOT will post traffic information, ramp closures, alternative routes and other news here to help you get to your destination safely. Please allow more time for travel during construction. For all news and updates please visit http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/71670/pages/trafficnews.aspx
Where to Park?
Some areas of the Short North require residential parking permits. Make sure you look for signs designating these zones. Parking is all the easier when you know your options!
Meters are available...
No quarters? No problem! All meters in the District accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover.
- The length of N. High Street (from Nationwide Boulevard to Fifth Avenue)
- On Park Street (from Buttles Avenue to Vine Street)
- On Goodale Street (West of Park Street) bordering Goodale Park
- Around the North Market
- Pearl Alley (from Hubbard Ave up to 1st Ave)
City lots are located at...
- N. High Street at E. Lincoln Street (across from Level Dining Lounge and Rigsby's)
- 1155 N. High Street (by Magnolia Thunderpussy and Skully's)
Garages and additional parking located at...
- The Hub Garage at 20 E. Hubbard Street
- Convention Center on Goodale Street (East of High Street)
- Arena District off Nationwide Boulevard
- OSU South Campus Gateway at 11th and High Street
Alternative Transit Options
In addition to parking, Columbus offers a number of alternative transit options, including bus transportation, rideshares, bikeshares, and taxis.
COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority)
COTA offers a number of routes that lead to the Short North. The #2, #5, #7, #8, and #21 Night Owl routes travel along High Street, with many transfer options available. Use the TripPRO on the COTA website to plan your trip.
CoGo Bike Share
CoGo is a bikeshare designed to be used as a transport service between stations around Columbus, including four stations located in the Short North. Daily rentals and annual membership information is available on the CoGo website.
car2go is a carshare service that can be used to travel to the Short North, with a home area that includes many neighborhoods such as Merion Village, Clintonville, Olde Town East, and downtown Columbus. Cars can be picked up and dropped off in public parking spots (including metered spots) anywhere in the Car2Go home area. Memberships to car2go are available on the car2go website.
Lyft is a rideshare service that offers transportation around the Columbus area based on a set cost-per-mile or cost-per-minute price. Rides can be reserved via the Lyft mobile app. For coverage area and more information, click here.
Uber is a rideshare service that offers flat-rate rides around Columbus. Riders can reserve a car through the Uber mobile app.
Columbus has a number of taxi services that run in the Short North. Below are a few options:
As part of our green incentive, the Short North has added bike bollards to encourage cyclists in the District. Some stores and restaurants also offer special deals to patrons who bike in the Short North. As we study cycling trends in the area and determine where bike parking is most needed we will add more bollards.
You can park your bike…
- Covered bicycle shelter near the southwest corner of Buttles Avenue and High Street
- Six bollards in the parking lot next to Mac’s Cafe
- Five bollards near the east entrance of Goodale Park
- Three bollards near the East side of the pond in Goodale Park
- Three bollards near the North side of the pond in Goodale Park
- Two bollards just of High Street on East Russell Street
- Two bollards just off High Street on West Russell Street
- Three bollards just off High Street on Buttles Avenue
- Two bollards just off High Street on West Hubbard Avenue
- Four bollards in Italian Village Park just off High Street on East Hubbard Avenue and Kerr Street
- Two bollards just off High Street on West 1st Avenue
- Two bollards just off High Street on East 2nd Avenue
- Three bollards just north of West 2nd Avenue on High Street
- Five bollards in the parking lot next to Flower Child
- Three bollards just off High Street on East 3rd Avenue
- Two bollards just south of East 4th Avenue on High Street
- Coming soon: three more bollards in Goodale Park