Whether you're coming for the monthly blast that is the Gallery Hop, for a day of shopping or just for cocktails and dinner, we'll help you navigate the parking scene like a pro.
Short North Arts District
There are places to park around the Short North along High Street, including side streets, from Nationwide Blvd to 11th Avenue (Columbus, Ohio 43215 and 43201).
Gallery Hop is focused predominantly on High Street from Goodale to 5th Ave.
- Goodale Street + High Street, Buttles Avenue + High Street, 1st Avenue + High Street, 5th Avenue + High Street
- From I-71 heading south: Take the I-670 west exit toward the airport. After merging onto I-670, move to the left lane and take the US- 23 exit (Exit 4B) toward High St/Third St. Keep left at the fork in the ramp. Turn right onto Convention Center Dr. Turn left onto Goodale St. Proceed to N. High St. You've arrived.
- From I-71 heading north: 71 curves to the east and merges with I-70. Take exit US-23 (exit 100A). Continue straight ahead to go onto Fulton St. Fulton becomes W. Livingston Ave. Turn left onto S. High St. Follow High through downtown to Goodale.
- From I-70 heading west: Take the US-23/Fourth St exit (Exit 100B). Turn slight left onto E. Fulton St. Turn right onto S. High St. Follow High through downtown to Goodale St.
- From I-70 heading east: Take the I-670 east exit toward the airport. Take US-23 exit (exit 4) toward Fourth St/Third St/High St. Take the US-32 N exit toward Fourth St. Turn right onto E. Goodale Blvd. Proceed to N. High St.
- The Columbus Crossroads project, one of the largest highway projects in Ohio, is kicking off this September with reconstruction of the I-71/670 interchange. This first phase of I-70/71 construction will be completed in 2014. ODOT will post traffic information, ramp closures, alternative routes and other news here to help you get to your destination safely. Please allow more time for travel during construction. For all news and updates please visit http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/71670/pages/trafficnews.aspx
Where to Park?
Some areas of the Short North require residential parking permits. Make sure you look for signs designating these zones. Parking is all the easier when you know your options!
Meters are available...
No quarters? No problem! All meters in the District accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover.
- the length of N. High Street (from Nationwide Boulevard to Fifth Avenue),
- on Park Street (from Buttles Avenue to Vine Street),
- on Goodale Street (West of Park Street) bordering Goodale Park
- around the North Market
- Pearl Alley (from Hubbard Ave up to 1st Ave)
City lots are located at...
A. 630 N. High Street (by Bernards Tavern)
B. N. High Street at E. Lincoln Street (across from Level Dining Lounge and Rigsby's)
D. 1155 N. High Street (by Magnolia Thunderpussy and Skully's)
Garages and additional parking located at...
E. Convention Center on Goodale Street (East of High Street),
F. Arena District off Nationwide Boulevard,
G. 775 N. High Street behind Axis Nightclub
H. OSU South Campus Gateway at 11th and High Street, and
Where to park your bike?
As part of our green incentive, we have added 47 bike bollards to encourage cyclist to come out. Some stores and restaurants also offer special deals to patrons who bike in the Short North. As we study cycling trends in the area and determine where bike parking is most needed we will add more bollards.
You can park your bike…
- Covered bicycle shelter near the southwest corner of Buttles Avenue and High Street
- one of the six bollards in the parking lot next to Mac’s Cafe
- one of the five bollards near the east entrance of Goodale Park
- one of the three bollards near the East side of the pond in Goodale Park
- one of the three bollards near the North side of the pond in Goodale Park
- one of the two bollards just of High Street on East Russell Street
- one of the two bollards just off High Street on West Russell Street
- one of three bollards just off High Street on Buttles Avenue
- one of the two bollards just off High Street on West Hubbard Avenue
- one of the four bollards in Italian Village Park just off High Street on East Hubbard Avenue and Kerr Street
- one of the two bollards just off High Street on West 1st Avenue
- one of the two bollards just off High Street on East 2nd Avenue
- one of the three bollards just north of West 2nd Avenue on High Street
- one of the five bollards in the parking lot next to Flower Child
- one of the three bollards just off High Street on East 3rd Avenue
- one of the two bollards just south of East 4th Avenue on High Street
- coming soon: 3 more bollards in Goodale Park